5 Pains Wreaking Havoc On Your HR Department and How To Overcome Them
It’s no secret that human capital is your company’s greatest asset, and as an HR professional, you are the one connecting the bridge between your employees’ success and the company as a whole. People have always been complex and managing them is always a tricky process. The digital age has also added more complexity to human resource management, like the transparency of social media, the persistence of software updates, and the remoteness of international staff.
This makes human resource management a difficult job that’s faced by many challenges. It also means that identifying and overcoming these challenges is time, money and effort well spent since the most valuable asset a business can boast are its employees. Thankfully, there’s a solution, one that can help strengthen your workforce and improve your bottom line by automating business processes.
But what are the top human resources challenges in the workplace?
Well, having years of experience working with HR, we’ve managed to narrow down the list to the seven most common challenges faced by HR professionals, along with practical solutions.
1. Manual Processes and Spreadsheets
Thousands of HR professionals are still juggling holiday request forms, wrestling accrual calculation spreadsheets, and physically chasing down signatures for new contracts and company documents. If only they had the benefit of hindsight! There’s a simple reason why some smart HR professionals still handle their processes manually, using HR spreadsheets and paper files. And it’s because the hidden costs are exactly that – hidden!
Here are some of the hidden costs incurred:
- Human error (including making payments to ‘ghost workers’)
- The cost of failing to protect employee data
- The amount of time you waste pushing paper across a desk (which is probably more than 350 hours a year)
- The talented people you fail to recruit because you’re just too slow (about 47% of refusals are from people who’ve already found another job)
- Paper files generally disengage employees (an engaged workforce is up to 147% more productive)
Automate your HR Processes with CloudHR. Complete all the common human resources management tasks any time and from anywhere. Human resource tasks made simpler by cloudHR include the following:
- Core employee management – Capture all details of an employee. This means that even with thousands of employees, the hr manager will only use search to retrieve any data of an employee.
- Online asset management – Always have a clear picture of any asset circulation.
- Leave and absense management
- Recruitment management
- Project tracking
- 100s of custom reports
2. Disparate Systems Damage
When you first started your business, you may have had a small number of employees that paper forms for hiring and general documenting worked fine. If you only have a handful of employees, it may not be too time-consuming to manually track and approve their PTO, schedule and move their shifts or update employee forms. However, as your company grows, you want to spend maximum time running the business, not managing HR tasks.
CloudHR is a comprehensive HR technology solution that scales with your business. This can allow you to transition from a tactical approach to a more strategic one.
Consider this: A paper-based or traditional HR setup that relies heavily on manual processes require three to five employees to handle benefits, payroll, taxes, and recruitment paperwork. In comparison, CloudHR, which is cloud-based, fully integrated, all-inclusive HR technology with automated processes needs only about two people per 100 employees to perform the same functions.
3. Lack of Workforce Metrics and Visibility
Human resources isn’t often considered a data center, but in today’s world – where everything is tracked and analyzed—visibility is key. Analytics are no longer a nice-to-have; they’re a have-to-have.
You probably already know this thanks to the questions you get on a daily basis. How many people did we hire last month? How many employees were terminated vs. left on their own? What’s our headcount for sales? Etc.
CloudHR will give you real-time human resource metrics on headcount, turnover, new hires, and more. Go ahead – Track your hiring against plans for the year, drill down into the data, and populate your organization’s charts—all in seconds and through a centralized HR platform – CloudHR.
4. Chaos of Recruiting
Recruitment always an expensive process therefore, you probably want to make sure you get as much value as possible from your investment by hiring top talent. The trouble with running a manual recruitment process, is that it’s very, very slow. Even if you’re only hiring for one position, it takes time to sift through CVs, schedule interviews, compare scores, and send out offers.
Do you know what’s happening while you’re trying to manage all of this manually?
I’ll tell you what’s happening. Your competitors with the fastest recruitment processes are snapping up the best of the bunch. Research shows that 47% of candidates who refuse a job do so because they’ve already accepted another.
Migrating your HR processes to CloudHR will give you access to a digital recruiting platform– often called an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). If you want to improve your time-to-fill KPIs and hire better talent, then you must speed up your processes.
With this HR software (CloudHR), you are able to:
- Stay organized and eliminate the hassle of keeping up with paper forms (or the fear of misplacing them)
- Access the tools and information to help you remain compliant
- Gauge issues such as turnover and hiring costs
5. Employee Relations Nightmare
To be most effective, HR departments need to master collaboration across departments, from IT to accounting to marketing. The growing mobile workforce creates an even bigger obstacle for operating cohesively across geographic locations.
The cloud offers a seamless approach to system integration and collaboration throughout organizations. HR departments may use a variety of apps and platforms for different initiatives, such as performance management, compensation tracking, and applicant oversight. CloudHR is a Cloud-based human resource software system that allows HR teams to better collaborate on a variety of apps or platforms.
Will CloudHR software save me money?
Here’s the bottom line. CloudHR systems isn’t going to literally do your job for you. But it is absolutely going to save you lots of money compared to manual HR spreadsheets and paper files. And in many more ways than simply saving you time.
- Automate repetitive but important tasks, thus reducing human error
- HR technology will help to keep employee data safe hence protecting against crippling fines
- Automating your workload lets you invest time into more strategic areas of HR
- A fast recruitment process can reduce the cost of bad hires and help you bag top talent
- Getting your workforce actively involved in your HR system can improve engagement
Manual HR spreadsheets and paper files drag you down, and hold you back. But you might not feel the benefit until you take a leap and make the switch.